Am I A Good Candidate for Dental Implants?
At the Austin dental practice of Broberg and Tieken Dental, we offer a variety of dental procedures but not all procedures are right for all patients. Dental implants are a highly popular area of restorative dentistry but they are not right for everyone. Read on to find out whether or not you might be a good candidate for dental implants.
Signs You Aren’t a Good Dental Implants Candidate:
- If you’re a smoker, you’re more susceptible to infection during the process and this is a big reason for many dental implant failures.
- Insufficient bone to support the implant. A bone graft may be recommended in some cases
- Most diabetics are not good candidates for dental implants. Learn about the mouth-health connection regarding Diabetes and Gum disease.
If you’re not sure whether or not you are a good candidate for dental implants, a consultation with our Austin dental office can help you get answers.
Dental Implants Benefits:
There are a great number of benefits of Dental Implants. They include:
- They’re as easy to care for as natural teeth
- Customized to fit your mouth
- No worries about denture slippage and no adhesives
- No food type limits such as with dentures
- They look and feel natural
- They are permanent and can last a lifetime
Yes, today’s cosmetic dentures are fantastic, especially compared to the dentures our grandparents had to endure. But dental implants are the closest thing to natural teeth that you can get and because they can last a lifetime, they could be an excellent investment in your oral health and in your confidence.
If you are a good dental implant candidate and want to explore this option, contact our Austin dental office to book a consultation. Get helpful information about the dental implants process, about pricing of dental implants, financing options (if desired), and learn more about our Austin dental practice.
If you don’t think that dental implants are the right fit for your smile, we would be happy to help you explore a variety of alternatives to give you an attractive and functional smile. Book your consultation with Dr. Broberg or Dr. Tieken today.